The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information and local crisis resources in the state of Michigan. It is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
Michigan Crisis Resources:
- Common Ground Crisis Resource Line: 1-800-231-1127 (Oakland County)
- Hegira Psychiatric Intervention Center: 1-734-721-0200 (Wayne County)
- University of Michigan Psychiatric: 1-734-936-5900 (Washtenaw County)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Child / Adult Protective Services: 1-855-444-3911
- Sixftover.org: a Michigan-based suicide awareness group
- Crisistextline.org: a 24-hour suicide hotline
- Imalive.org: 24-hour chat available
- thetrevorproject.org: LGBTQ support network and suicide hotline for teens and young adults
- Michigan Support Resources (Oakland County): Local nonprofit resources including access to food, clothing, financial assistance, transitional or refuge housing, health and dental care, domestic violence shelters, child care, elderly care, substance and job help, legal clinics, etc.
- Haven: Crisis Line: 248-334-1274 – Mission: To eliminate domestic violence and sexual assault through treatment and prevention services across Oakland County and surrounding communities.
- Care House of Oakland County: 248-332-7173 – Mission: To be a leading resource in the prevention of child abuse and neglect, and the protection of children through advocacy, education, intervention, research and treatment, in collaboration with the community.
- Lakeshore Legal Aid: 888-783-8190 – Lakeshore Legal Aid is a not-for-profit law firm providing a range of free civil legal services to people who are low income and seniors in our communities.
- Oakland County Family Law Legal Assistance Project (F.L.A.P.): 248-332-7173 – Lakeshore Legal Aid and Thomas Cooley Law School partner to provide family law legal aid clinics to low income residents of Oakland County, or low income individuals having cases in Oakland County Courts at the Oakland County Law and Research Library.
- Wayne County: FLAC and YWCA Interim House: (313) 861-5300 – YWCA Interim House, a unit of the YWCA of Metropolitan Detroit, first opened its doors in 1979, becoming one of the first and largest shelters in Michigan.The YWCA Interim House Mission is to empower survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault by helping them to realize the ability to control their lives.
- Women’s Divorce Resource Center: 248-707-1564 – Mission: To serve a visible need to help educate women in the community regarding the divorce process. The Women’s Divorce Resource Center is modeled after the very successful “Second Saturday” program that has been helping women through this difficult time for over 15 years.
Associations & Institutes
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Center for Mental Health Services
- Mental Health America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Mental Health Association
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Sleep Foundation
- National Women’s Health Resource Center
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Federation for Mental Health
Suicide Awareness and Hotlines
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Suicide: Read This First
- Bipolar Disorder News – Pendulum.org
- Depression and How Therapy Can Help
- Depression Screening
- Depression Test, Symptoms of Depression, Signs of Depression
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Beyond OCD
- International OCD Foundation
- Obsessive Compulsive Information Center
- Trichotillomania Learning Center
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- National Center for PTSD
- Give an Hour— for veterans and their families
- National Center for PTSD Real Warriors (U.S. Department of Defense)— for veterans and their families
- The Gift From Within
- Sidran Institute
Addiction and Recovery
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous Recovery Resources
- Center for On-Line Addiction
- Web of Addictions
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Childhelp USA®
- Questions and Answers about Memories of Childhood Abuse
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline Website
- DrugWatch.com provides up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications, including details about associated side effects.
- Drugalert.org is a comprehensive database with information and news alerts about potentially dangerous drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide.